What is better than getting together with your closest friends for a communal meal? Time spent with important people in our lives can not only nourish your body, but your mind as well. So what separates dinner from a dinner party? And more importantly, why does it matter?
Over the course of the next few weeks, we will be discussing the ins and outs of planning a rejuvenating and bonding get together for you and those you hold dear.
To begin with, we will lay out some of the basic components involved in entertaining at home. From there, we will then delve into the details of each of those elements.
- Budget – We know its not the most fun thing, but it’s a good idea to have one in place
- Timeline – an essential to planning anything, keep an eye on your goals and progress
- Theme or style Party – while a specific theme isn’t a requirement, it can be fun to style your fete. How far you take your theme or style is completely up to you!
- Guest List – Likely the most important part of planning any occasion is who will be included. Your guests are your ultimate ingredients for a good time!
- Invitations – You’ve got to tell people is happening… we’ll explore the ways you can do this.
- Menu – After your guests, the menu is likely the next most important element. We’ll explore some fool proof ways of having delicious fare at your special occasion.
- Bar planning – Libations make the party – we’ll discuss the varied ways you can imbibe your guests.
- Tabletop – Your food and drink must be presented in an appealing manner! We’ll check out all the ways you can enhance the experience through your table and bar presentation.
- Atmosphere – beyond the guests and the food themselves… your atmosphere completes the evening. We will look at how décor, music, lighting and so much more provide the crowning touches to your party!
- Being a good host – Social Butterfly, introduce
- Memorialize the party – video, photos, and social media at your party
- Party journal – These are a great way to document your events and a point of reference for future parties
- Housekeeping – literally…
- Transportation – Rideshare Codes